Ok, well it's final. One less stressful thing on my previous list!
I am graduating. For sure. In April.
It was a bit questionable before. Reason being:
Not horrible/not great GPA + not horrible/not great GRE score = Not sure if I'm getting into grad school.
Hence, the idea of postponing graduation until December at which point I could retake some classes to boost my GPA and reapply to grad schools. However, this is no longer a possibility because I found out that I can only postpone graduation until August. And none of the classes I need to retake are given Spring/Summer, so there is absolutely no point in postponing my receiving of the diploma stating that I am finally a Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders.--Not that this diploma helps me at all until I get a Master's, but thankfully, it's a step closer in the right direction.
Ultimately though, I have to admit that the real factor in my happiness about graduating in April is that my whole family will be there! If I had graduated either in August or December instead of April, my parents would basically have been the only attendees---and although this is a good thing, I would have been jealous that I COULD have graduated in April, when my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins could have ALL been present (and will be, because Sarah is also graduating in April).
Yay! I'm so close to being a part of BYU Alumni!
No comments:
Post a Comment