06 October 2009

california will always be home

It's been a while, but I decided it was about time to update you dedicated few on my amazing trip to California at the end of the summer. I brought some great friends home with me for a week and a half-- Dan and Melissa Johnson, and my dear cousin Amy Lambert. We had a blast!

We went to the beach, Zuma and Santa Monica, ate watermelon everyday, and visited LA like a regular tourist--Getty Museum, Huntington Library, Hollywood sign, Fashion District, etc.
























This picture of Bry is like the perfect summer beach picture--drinking a caprisun, with the lifeguard station and people and umbrellas and Malibu in the background.

One of the main reasons of my trip was to make it to Mike Oakford and Austen Anderson's homecoming on time. We left late Saturday night and stopped in Mesquite to sleep before waking up at the crack of dawn to drive the rest of the way to Simi. Amy and I walked into Sacrament meeting more or less exactly when Mike stood up to speak. Whew! We are amazing. And regardless of the fact that we only had 5 hours of sleep, we enjoyed our time on Sunday celebrating my dad's birthday in LA with the grandparentals and then celebrating the happy return of Mike and Austen.

Don't you love the hat? Not something I would usually wear. And it's actually Bry's. haha.

I didn't realize how much I missed my puppy until he freaked out when I walked in the house. He's getting so old! It makes my heart hurt to see how bad Bandit's arthritis is getting.

One night I went out with my Young Women leaders.
And when I came back, this is what I found:
Melissa and Dan enthusiastically competing
in the Wii version of Dancing with the Stars.
It was quite entertaining. I'm glad they
were able to make themselves at home.
Another reason I came home was for David and
Ariel's wedding, which I do believe was
absolutely gorgeous. Congrats you two!
And I do have to admit that I am very proud of
this picture. I have definite photography skills.


















Dad and Mom dancing at the wedding. Aww....

Marie and Amy most likely conniving together to do something ridiculous. =D They are gorgeous girlies. I love them both.
On the way home, we ran into quite a beautiful sight. I should have pulled over and gotten out of the car to take a better picture. But isn't the double full rainbow gorgeous? I have never seen one before! It was a great welcome back into Utah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally a post! :) Nice pictures. Looks like you all had a blast in LA. What I wouldn't give for that California weather right now...