home again home again. my few days at home were absolutely amazing. I was sooo busy the whole time I felt like I never got a chance to actually sleep!
The night we got there, we went to my little brother's baseball game. He is such a good pitcher! And it was fun to see my dad coaching his team as well.
Wednesday when my sister and her companion went to the temple to do a session, my cousin Jackie and I went to the J. Paul Getty museum in LA and saw some Van Gogh and Monet and the beautiful gardens they have. We went out to dinner in Westwood with my grandparents and then went to see Wicked! It was absolutely amazing! Granted, I felt like they didn't have the same voices as what I'm used to listening to (ie Kristin Chenowith) but they were still amazing!--except for the guy who played Fiyero. He really didn't have a good voice at all! Sad huh? But it was fun to be in Hollywood for the night.
Friday we woke up early and went to Disneyland. But because we were up late the night before, we were all quite tired by late afternoon. However, we pushed on until about 7 (when I finally said that I couldn't walk anymore. I was so tired, I let my sister drive home instead of me). We got home and I got to see Deveny!! Yay! We had chocolate chip cookies and then Annaleis (Sarah's former companion) gave me the best foot massage I've ever had--so great after walking around Disneyland for a good 10 hours.
Saturday we slept in and then went to the beach for a few hours and then came home and prepared for a small BBQ with my old Bishop and his wife, and Deveny and Luke. It was good food and we played games and enjoyed each other's company.
Sunday was Mother's Day and it was so much fun to be able to be with her! She was able to sleep in (especially since church didn't start until 1pm). So we woke her up at 8am after having slaved in the kitchen. =D We made her crepes for breakfast and then after she got ready, we walked her into the office. We had made her a short little video for our Mother's Day gift. It was quite lame, but she enjoyed it and laughed a lot. We each were videotaped telling mom why we love her. My 10 year old brother just say, "I love you this much" and showed with his hands spread out as far as he could go. And then there were just a lot of pictures put together in slide fashion with music put to it. All the pictures were of Mom with each of us and then all of us together. So it was kind of fun. i miss my mom already. We spent Mother's Day evening at my grandparent's house in LA where the men prepared dinner. It was quite yummy (Costco Lasagna and store-bought garlic bread and pies). =D My Uncle Kent made the BEST salad though.
Monday morning we left very early so that we could hopefully get Jackie to her class on time at 4pm. It was a long drive but we made it--even with a stop in Kanosh UT where we inhaled a quick lunch.
All in all, I absolutely loved the trip and wish I was back there already! But I'm still glad to be home--where I found that we are getting 3 new roommates instead of 1! So it's a full apartment again! Yeah! Back to life!
No comments:
Post a Comment