18 September 2008

"Spend 8 continuous hours banging your head against a brick wall. If you find you enjoyed that activity, then you should carry on in grad school."

So... CHANGE OF PLANS.

I am now applying for graduate school to start Fall of 2009, INSTEAD OF Fall of 2010.

WHAT AM I THINKING??? Apparently, according to the quote above, I must be a masochist.

Now my mind is filled with:

Due dates
Letters of recommendation
Letters of intent
Writing samples
Application fees
Lack of finances
GRE scores
Lack of finances
Grade point averages
Clinical Programs
Lack of finances
Scholarships
Grants
Fellowships
Internships
I'm poor
I'm poor
I'm poor

GOOD NEWS:

I narrowed it down to FIVE schools. Count them: FIVE. (Mainly so that I don't have to go without food to afford the application fees--otherwise, I would apply everywhere so that I would have a higher probability of being accepted!)

University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT)
Utah State University (Logan, UT)
Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ)
Illinois State University (Normal, IL) --I don't even know where Normal is!
Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL)

So... drumroll please. Until March and April, when I will hopefully be receiving more acceptance letters than rejection letters.

No comments: