05 February 2009

well then

"Anger is an emotional state designed to warn aggressors to stop their threatening behavior." --Wikipedia (yes, I used wikipedia).

I got an email today from Washington State University, letting me know that my application to graduate school (due January 10th) was incomplete because they never received an official transcript.

Initial reaction: WHAT?? I had BYU send it! In December!

Initial action: I called BYU and asked them what happened. I paid them in early December to send 5 transcripts out to 5 graduate schools. I gave them the addresses. I paid for the postage. And I gave them the dates they all needed to be sent: 31 Dec 2008--AFTER the new grades were posted.

New information:
-BYU evading blame and letting me know that three of the five were never sent. "For some reason."

Realization 1:
-THREE of the FIVE weren't sent.
-These 3 happen to be the three whose due dates for applications are already PAST.
=Automatic rejection.
=Waste of time.
=Waste of money.
=Anger.

Hence:
-By default, I am not going to:
Washington State University
Arizona State University
Rush University Medical Center
-Schools I might have a chance for, but who knows?
University of Hawaii - Manoa
Utah State University

Realization 2:
-I may not be going to grad school in the Fall.
-I am so discouraged I no longer WANT to go to grad school.
-BYU get OUT of my way!







I just want to cry.

3 comments:

MilanManet said...

that's so frustrating! i'm sorry... :( chin up.
love, lano

Anonymous said...

Oh...I would be mad too! I'm sorry KaRynn... :(

Unknown said...

"It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." -- Gordon B. Hinckley