27 July 2009

stadium of fire

For the 4th of July, I went to the Stadium of Fire. It's pretty much a big deal in Utah. Still not sure why. The traffic is such a pain.

But there's always a concert with famous performers. In the past, The Osmonds, Bob Hope, the Beach Boys, Natalie Cole, Gladys Knight, Toby Keith, Lee Ann Womack, and Brooks & Dunn (just to name a few) have all performed at the BYU Football Stadium for this event.

This year, LaVell Edwards Stadium was graced by the presence of SHeDAISY and (drum roll please for the full effect).... the Jonas Brothers. (Hah. I hope that fell flat). SHeDAISY was horrible in concert. I was embarrassed for them. The Jonas Brothers were actually good in concert. I wasn't expecting it, so it was a nice surprise. And I realized that I know way more Jonas Brother's songs than I probably should. =D



I went with my cousins! We really had a lot of fun. I love Amy's face in this picture. PS - We have quite a story about arriving at the stadium. Not only did the mean gate people make us eat our food before entering; Not only did they make us empty our water bottles; Not only did they give us this free sample of some gross new super juice; BUT--on the way in, my cousin Lydia was stopped by this modeling agency because they thought she was drop-dead gorgeous. It was really funny. She was flattered but totally not interested after we found out that the modeling agency wasn't modest-oriented like the woman implied.

The Fireworks were awesome too.


And I'm good at taking pictures of them, if I do say so myself.





We quite enjoyed ourselves.... despite the perfect description of this year's concert with the Jonas Brother's: "A mere mention of the Jonas Brothers sent fans into a frenzy. The possibility that they might walk by sent girls into high-pitched delirium. When the three actually walked onstage at the Stadium of Fire, the noise level of the thousands of girls in the audience went eardrum-busting and shrill" (© Copyright 2009, Daily Herald, Provo, UT).

What they forgot to mention is that this eardrum-busting and shrill noise did not stop for 2 hours. I know that I suffered from temporary threshold-shift that took about another 2-3 hours for my hearing to come back to normal. The 6-yr old girl sitting next to me was exquisitely talented at the high-pitched squeal.


Me and the Jonas Brothers. haha

Lydia and Amy having a blast.

No comments: