I have no interesting news of my own. Sad huh?
My boring news:
1. I'm stuck in Utah until the end of the summer because i can't find anyone to buy my contract that ends Aug 24th.
2. My cousin Liz moved in with me. This makes life slightly more interesting and fun. Liz and I have both had Tuesdays off for the last couple of weeks. We have gotten into the strange routine of waking up early, putting on a movie and falling asleep again on the couch. Yes, we have very exciting lives.
3. I get to switch back to Compliance from Reception at my company for the rest of the summer. They need me. Oh, to feel needed.
4. I have no vacations planned this summer. No camping trips, no weekend trips, no trips home (until I move in August). I feel slightly pathetic.
So, on to interesting news that is not mine, but feels mine because it is family-related.
1. Jackie Bodily (my cousin) is leaving soon for the MTC. She got her mission call to the Budapest Hungary Mission. And I am going up to Plain City, Utah (yes, they have a town in Utah by that name) this weekend to hear Jackie give her talk tomorrow in her home ward. Jackie is seriously one of the most amazing people I've ever met. I feel like all of my cousins are extremely talented and smart. But Jackie just blows 'em all out of the water. =D
2. Marie has had a very eventful last few months of her senior year in high school. I'm sad that I can't be there for her graduation on June 10th. But considering she didn't come to my college graduation, and I threatened to not go to her graduation in return, I guess I'm just following through on a threat.
Marie in her senior spring play: Alice in Wonderland. (She was the White Queen). And Hillary Burlew was Alice!!

3. Sarah is engaged! Here is the information in her own words:

"I'm sure you all have been waiting for the details, so here they are!
Brent Monson and I are getting married in the Provo Temple on Thursday, August 12th at 10:30 am. :-) We are having a reception that night in the Provo Library/Old Academy building in the ballroom on the top floor. Then we are having a reception in California the next weekend. You are all invited!!! :-)
Brent is so amazing! He just graduated from BYU with his masters in accounting, and already has a job lined up with Ernst and Young in Houston. So we are moving to Texas in September! He is the 3rd out of 4 kids, and grew up in Orem. Both his older brothers are married, and his sister, Emily, is a nursing major at BYU and is one of the most beautiful and sweet girls I have ever met. His parents are angels-- so welcoming and kind. And his mom can cook!! He served a mission in Donetsk, Ukraine, Russian-speaking.
Brent is perfect for me. He is sensitive and smart and likes tofu and doesn't watch much TV. (The last two aren't essentials on my list, but are representative of the quirky things that fit.) We both oil paint and enjoy the outdoors and the performing arts and the occasional sporting event. We have similar goals and ways of thinking about things. He is so open, and honest, and sincere. And he is so cute! I always knew that at any moment I could meet someone worth marrying. But now that it's happened, I still feel surprised!
Brent is a catch, and I'm sure you'll all agree after meeting him. I feel SO blessed! "
So my summer is going to be filled with fun wedding-planning. I am going wedding dress shopping with Sarah this next week. Woohoo! I will take LOTS of pictures and post them later.


1 comment:
I just realized that I can't post any pictures of the dress that Sarah has gotten! Because Brent might see it and we just can't have that. =D So sorry everyone! You'll have to wait until the wedding!
Post a Comment