Sorry it's been a few months since my last update. My life has been pretty consistent, but here are some interesting tidbits:
--my graduate apps are in and I am waiting for the verdicts:
-Univ of WA (I didn't get in)
-San Diego State (still waiting)
-GW Univ (still waiting)
-Univ of UT (still waiting)
--i'm thinking about moving back to LA for the summer/longer (if i don't get into grad school). my grandma Sheranian has cancer and is recovering from her surgery. she'll be stating chemo in 3 or 4 weeks and i want to go home to help out as much as i can.
--i'm writing a book. (don't ask for details, because i won't give you any). but what i CAN tell you is that my idea came from thinking about how ridiculous it is that Stephanie Meyer has made millions from Twilight and I thought that I could be just as imaginative but write better. (and no, it's not a book about vampires). But I thought of an idea and i went with it. (ps - Marie says that she really likes the idea, so I figure that if she's such a huge fan of Twilight, she's a good indicator of how well it could do if i actually got it published).
--my cousin, Jackie Bodily was a winner of a competition at BYU to play a concerto with the BYU philharmonic. There were 7 performances for the concerto concert:

Evening of Concerto Winners
Amy and Shea Owens (cute married couple singing opera)
Duet from Rigoletto
Brenden McQuay
Broughton Tuba Concerto
Ashley Fillmore (she wore this GORGEOUS tangerine, sunset colored dress that she looked amazing in).
Elgar Cello Concerto
Christine Messick
Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 3
Natasha Wallin
Goossens Oboe Concerto
Carrie Sue Green
Korngold Violin Concerto
Jackie Bodily
Barber Piano Concerto
Jackie deserved to be the finale. Oh my goodness! She walked out in this gorgeous, sparkly, killer dress (she has a killer bod to show off), and sat down. What was really funny is that beforehand, (we were in the fourth row of the De Jong concert hall), the director said to some of the violinists, "So, are you ready? Just breathe. We can do this." Apparently this Barber concerto is incredibly difficult. It was intense. Huge. Loud. Fast. (As in Allegro Molto--fast). It was so huge that a guy sitting next to me said, "Oh my gosh! At the end, her fingers were going so fast, they were a blur!" And when we were walking out afterwards, someone said, "I thought she was going to explode!" Haha. But seriously, it was a.maze.ing. Yep, that's my cousin.
2 comments:
Ok-totally curious about the book, can't wait. I'll respect your desire to keep it a secret, but answer just 1 little question: Is there a time line you hope to be done by? I hope soon b/c I can't wait to read it!
Not at the moment. It was kind of a joke when I started writing it, but the more I've been writing the more serious I have been about considering publishing it. So maybe this summer I will come up with a timeline. We'll see. =D
Post a Comment