28 November 2009

turkey weekend

So Thanksgiving weekend has been quite a blast. My family came up from Simi to join in the festivities of the Ogles clan in Springville. It was so great to have so much family here!

MoGene, Darcy and Sadie

Thursday was filled with cooking, eating, karaoke, performances, basketball, etc.

After our Thanksgiving meal (lunch), our family gathered in the family room (all 50 or so of us) and enjoyed each family performing something:

Amy Lambert enjoying the performances (along with the rest of the people in the background)


ie - Sarah, Marie and I with our frantically put-together, barely practiced performance of "Sisters" (from A White Christmas)
ie - Chuck Norris jokes
ie - A quick game of charades

Then, as cheezy as it sounds, our family played our own game-show called, "We're Related!" It was fun to see how many of the younger kids knew so much about our family history!

Then the karaoke machine came out. You know its not Ogles karaoke if Safety Dance isn't put on at least once!
Marie getting ready to eat!

After everyone's fill of pie (we had 12 pies...), my cousin Liz came home with 4 tickets to the Jazz game!! So Liz, Melissa, Jackie and I headed off to Salt Lake to enjoy our 100 Club tickets! The Jazz were playing the Chicago Bulls. I don't think I can ever go to another NBA game unless I can go like this: free, VIP parking; free tickets; free food at a restaurant on the 6th floor overlooking the stadium--crab, lobster, shrimp, etc; free snacks at halftime--popcorn, nachos, soda. There is really no other way to go. Thanks to Liz's Uncle Gary (and NuSkin), we thoroughly enjoyed our free Jazz evening--enough so to be able to spend a few dollars on things like t-shirts and hoodies!

Liz and Melissa are Boozer fans. (Jackie and I are Kirilenko fans--go Russian dude!)

Then, last night ( with 9 cousins, 3 siblings, and my dad), we went to the BYU Men's Basketball game against Weber State. Go Cougs! I'm having major luck with my sports games this weekend. The Jazz slaughtered the Bulls. And although the Cougars lost it for a while, we came back and won against Weber. Let's hope my luck remains today as BYU comes up against our greatest rivalry, Utah. I predict the following ending:


O Rise and Shout, the Cougars are out
Along the trail to fame and glory.
Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out,
As you unfold your vict'ry story.
On you go to vanquish the foe
For Alma Mater's sons and daughters.
As we join in song, in praise of you, our faith is strong.
We'll raise our colors high in the blue,
And cheer the Cougars of BYU.

GO COUGS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! We won! It was amazing! We had a fantastic view of George's winning catch. :)

KaRynn Sheranian said...

I'm so jealous! The game was AMAZING!!

Milan said...

I DEMAND A BLOG UPDATE

MeganKalynn said...

awesome pictures!!! =)