It was my Grandma Ogles 79th birthday on Saturday.

The Ogles side of my family (mama's side) are emailers. Like, seriously, I get 20 a day that are mass-emailed to everyone in my family.
But this week, all the emails have been things we love about GramO. I thought I'd share:
Uncle Callis: I think the words that describe Grandma O the best are “Long reach” and “strong pincher”. Just a warning to all you grand kids. Don’t ever sit on the same bench with her in church… it doesn’t matter how far away you are! If you are on the same bench “Beware!”. Don’t say I didn’t warn you….
Cousin Amy: The best way to describe how I feel about my Grandma Ogles would be to give her a great big hug and kiss! I love her so much. If there was one word that could describe Grandma O it would be LOVE.
Sister Sarah: Grandma is famous for her faithful temple attendance, indexing records, bell collection, and citrus centerpieces. She takes very good care of her dear adopted dog, Lola, and will feed visitors any time of the day or night.
Cousin Mo: I love how she always sends us wonderful emails, and how she spoils us, and she always makes sure we have enough to eat. She is the most unselfish person that I know.
Cousin Ty: The best way for me to share what Grandma O means to me would be to give her a big big hug... but since she's not around and that wouldn't work well electronically... I'll just write a few things. I really admire Grandma's love and care for her family. In a mixed up world it's nice to have people like grandma to look up to who have their priorities where they should be.
Cousin Melissa: She is always so supportive and complimenting. After leaving grandmas my self esteem has raised to the top! She just believes in all of us so much! She listens to any story about my day despite how boring it might be. She has the best advice and knows so much. I admire her love that she has for EVERYONE! I don't know where I would be in life without her example and influence in my life.
Aunt Georgia: My favorite thing about Mom right now (besides that she always cooks wonderful meals for me) is her devotion to family history. You may have been lucky enough to visit her when she had a long drawerful of couples waiting to be sealed - she let us take a peek. She has the true spirit and longs to find all the Hayes, Ogles, etc. that she can.
Cousin Max: GramO worries about everyone but that's only because she's so compassionate and charitable....She let Lisa and I drive her car to Oregon and I felt bad for taking the car so long....I hope Lola kept her company since she couldn't leave the house to drive to the gym and lift weights like she usually does....And she let us borrow the car again when I made the mistake of trying to fix my clutch....she's a very sweet and compassionate woman who loves to do temple work and throw family parties......especially karaoke...
Me: Grandma Ogles is one of the most extraordinary women. Her whole world revolves around the family and the gospel. I feel like we all sometimes get distracted by other things in life, but Grandma's sole focus is always on the family--whether it is through phone calls or emails, or visits out to lunch with Sue or her sisters, or temple work, or wanting to know about and encouraging the dating lives of all of us college kids. =D Not only that, but she is constantly bettering herself through scripture study and service. She also raised my Mom (and yes, you other 8 wonderful children). But my mom wouldn't be the mother she is if Grandma Ogles didn't raise her the way she did.
ps - Yes, we call my Grandma Ogles "Gramma Oh." I don't know who started it, but everyone does it. And then she started signing her emails to the family as GramO. So we do it now too. She's becoming an expert in internet lingo. At least we cured her of all caps. She did that for a long time AND I ALWAYS FELT LIKE SHE WAS YELLING AT ME THROUGH HER EMAILS.
Cousin Amy: The best way to describe how I feel about my Grandma Ogles would be to give her a great big hug and kiss! I love her so much. If there was one word that could describe Grandma O it would be LOVE.
Sister Sarah: Grandma is famous for her faithful temple attendance, indexing records, bell collection, and citrus centerpieces. She takes very good care of her dear adopted dog, Lola, and will feed visitors any time of the day or night.
Cousin Mo: I love how she always sends us wonderful emails, and how she spoils us, and she always makes sure we have enough to eat. She is the most unselfish person that I know.
Cousin Ty: The best way for me to share what Grandma O means to me would be to give her a big big hug... but since she's not around and that wouldn't work well electronically... I'll just write a few things. I really admire Grandma's love and care for her family. In a mixed up world it's nice to have people like grandma to look up to who have their priorities where they should be.
Cousin Melissa: She is always so supportive and complimenting. After leaving grandmas my self esteem has raised to the top! She just believes in all of us so much! She listens to any story about my day despite how boring it might be. She has the best advice and knows so much. I admire her love that she has for EVERYONE! I don't know where I would be in life without her example and influence in my life.
Aunt Georgia: My favorite thing about Mom right now (besides that she always cooks wonderful meals for me) is her devotion to family history. You may have been lucky enough to visit her when she had a long drawerful of couples waiting to be sealed - she let us take a peek. She has the true spirit and longs to find all the Hayes, Ogles, etc. that she can.
Cousin Max: GramO worries about everyone but that's only because she's so compassionate and charitable....She let Lisa and I drive her car to Oregon and I felt bad for taking the car so long....I hope Lola kept her company since she couldn't leave the house to drive to the gym and lift weights like she usually does....And she let us borrow the car again when I made the mistake of trying to fix my clutch....she's a very sweet and compassionate woman who loves to do temple work and throw family parties......especially karaoke...
Me: Grandma Ogles is one of the most extraordinary women. Her whole world revolves around the family and the gospel. I feel like we all sometimes get distracted by other things in life, but Grandma's sole focus is always on the family--whether it is through phone calls or emails, or visits out to lunch with Sue or her sisters, or temple work, or wanting to know about and encouraging the dating lives of all of us college kids. =D Not only that, but she is constantly bettering herself through scripture study and service. She also raised my Mom (and yes, you other 8 wonderful children). But my mom wouldn't be the mother she is if Grandma Ogles didn't raise her the way she did.
ps - Yes, we call my Grandma Ogles "Gramma Oh." I don't know who started it, but everyone does it. And then she started signing her emails to the family as GramO. So we do it now too. She's becoming an expert in internet lingo. At least we cured her of all caps. She did that for a long time AND I ALWAYS FELT LIKE SHE WAS YELLING AT ME THROUGH HER EMAILS.
1 comment:
For the record, I love your Grandma too!! ;)
Post a Comment