Considering I don't have a true Valentine this year,
(or any year, really)
I am going to celebrate this day
as a reminder of my status:
S-I-N-G-L-E.
I am acutely aware of this fact.
So now I'm going to curl up in the comfiest chair in the house,
grab a plate of red velvet cake with a
ginormous dollop of whipped cream,
and read the book
Torment
by Lauren Kate,
which seems aptly appropriate
considering my current status,
today of all days.
Afterwhich, I am going to go to a big
Singles gathering where I will gorge myself
on red and pink heart-shaped cookies
and chocolaty-goodness
in an much-failing attempt
to rejoice in my SADness.
(PS - Thanks Sarah and Brent, for sending me a V-Day card and asking me to be your Valentine. It was greatly appreciated).

2 comments:
You make Will and me laugh! You were definitely in our thoughts on Valentines Day, probably because I read your blog post and I miss you to pieces. AND, absolutely we are going to have a truffle making party when you come back to me! :D
We're glad you let us be your valentine!! Hope the novel was good! We ate red velvet cake too!
Post a Comment