Finals week is insane.
Every night, I have been up until 2am studying.
Mostly at the library.
I have been surprised at my work ethic for finals week.
I, at this point, have 3 finals down, 2 to go.
My last two aren't that stressful.
But.... STORY!
For my most-detested class of the semester, ("Hearing Tests and Measures" is it's title), not only did my teacher switch the method in which he gives tests (from 6 or 7 short essays, to 150 MC questions), but he required the completion of one final lab, in which we needed the correct answers to complete portions of the test correctly. This wouldn't be so bad if we had been graded on earlier labs based on accuracy instead of effort!! I NEVER got the labs. I would work hours on them, but my answers were always wrong. As my last final effort for every lab, I would talk to the TAs and figure it out with their help. But for the final lab, of which now will be graded based on accuracy, I was not allowed any help from peers, books, or TAs.
I was literally screwed.
There is no other word for it.
Now, this would have been bad enough.
But NO.
On Friday, I planned on spending the whole day (literally) on this lab (knowing how much rides on its accuracy). So I got to the HBLL (Harold B. Lee Library for those of you who don't know BYU lingo/buildings) at 10am and started working. I was proud of myself. I wasn't doing too bad on the lab. I felt like I was doing everything correctly.
And then...at 1:45pm mst, the library computer crashed.
CRASHED!
And I had not saved anything... (I know I know. Stupid me. But the library computers NEVER give me any problems!)
The IT guys did all they could, but couldn't recover any of my work on the lab.
Hence, at 2pm mst, I angrily left campus and went home with the intent of sitting on the couch, eating cookie dough, and watching a movie to forget about my horrible day.
However, I couldn't forget about the lab. A lot of my grade depended on that stupid lab. So, Saturday after work, I went back to the library and spent hours there until midnight (when it inconveniently closed). I finished it, albeit not with the same patience I had the previous day, nor the same accuracy (I was sooo mad!!).
So, I took the final today at 7am.
I don't know my grade officially.
But I failed it.
My one solace in all of this?
If I fail the test hardcore, I still get a C- in the class.
This is good.
Why?
Because even though it will bring my GPA down, I don't have to retake the class.
And that is all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment