15 December 2008

you know you're po' when... (installment 1)

I'm so po' i can't even afford the "or" on the end of "poor."

How do I know this?

This summer, gas prices were a PAIN.



And although it was expensive, I was working fulltime and it all worked out.

Then, October hit, and prices dropped drastically in 3 weeks.


And since then, it has continued to drop (I've seen as low as $1.35 in some places in Provo and Orem, UT).

And yet, today, I had to fork out $10.

For this:


Because I was so po', my car had been running on fumes for 4 days. Fortunately, I made it to school in time for my final without any mishaps. It wasn't until mid-afternoon when I was trying to go home that my car wouldn't start because it had no food. Hence, the 2 gallon gas can which I now own in case I don't happen to learn from my mistake.





Oh boy. The life of a po' college student.

1 comment:

Book Worm & Builder Bob said...

I would like to point out that you stole my saying! My dad used to say "We were so po' we couldn't afford the '-or'". I guess you pick up each other's sayings when you're roommates forever! :-)