23 November 2010

flu season

Somehow, every year, flu season arrives and then disappears again without me ever getting a flu shot. Granted, this doesn't always work to my advantage, as I end up getting the flu almost every year. Why haven't I learned?

I don't know. And I still haven't gotten the flu shot this year. But guess what? I totally fought off a cold. Like hardcore. And I'm proud of this, so I had to share.

My grandparents/uncles got this really nasty, incapacitating cold/cough. Granted, since I'm basically living on their couch, I did everything possible to remain germ-free. Hand washing, orange juice chugging, vitamin taking precautions. And.... they failed me! 

I arrived in Utah and not even 48 hours later, I started to feel not quite right. My throat kinda hurt, I just didn't have as much energy as I usually do, and I even leaned over to JBaum to have her feel my forehead.

So what did I do? I ran to the grocery store and bought Cold-Eeze, Nyquil, Dayquil, Orange juice, crackers, and Kleenex. Then I proceeded to sleep for 36 hours while constantly sucking on a Cold-Eeze (kind of like a cough drop, except filled with good stuff that is proven to shorten your cold). Not only did I kick my cold in the butt, but I never got congested and hence, remain cough free!!

And through it all, I was still able to see Harry Potter 7. Whew. Thank you, Cold-Eeze!

No comments: