I am thankful for:
chocolate --Grandma Ogles' interesting fact of the week: chocolate has magnesium which is needed for seratonin which is the hormone that controls happiness. So eat chocolate so you're not depressed. ;D
rainbow jello --Me, my Mom and Sarah all were making rainbow jello yesterday at the same time in different states. Me in Utah, Mom in California, and Sarah in Texas. We're awesome. It connected the three of us during Thanksgiving even though we aren't celebrating it together.
music --Yesterday, Grandma Ogles snagged the majority of the grandchildren in her house for an impromptu musical talent show. I accompanied Lydia on the piano, who was playing a violin piece by a Giorgio guy. I can't remember his last name, but it was very Italian. And the performance was fantastic and fun to be apart of. I'm grateful for what music can do--the way it can express feelings without words.
harry potter --He was paramount in the gathering of my very best friends, perhaps for one of the last times we were able to do so with everyone present. Melissa, Daniel, Jessica, Jessica, Lionel, Chad, Marci and I. And their significant others. "Cast your spell on me, Harry Potter!"
prayer --Heavenly Father loves me. And I know this because I can feel His love when I pray. He has answered my prayers, given me strength and peace in my life. I'm excited about my new phase in life, set in LA. I've made some fantastic new friends and I'm blessed to be in a ward full of extraordinary people.
boots --There is snow on the ground here in Utah, which definitely signifies winter. It is beautiful and my freezing feet wouldn't be warm without my boots. The other day, Utah got a weather alert, warning everyone that a blizzard was coming to the majority of the state. We became super excited about all the snow that we could use for snowmen, snow angels, sledding and snowball fights. After staying in the house for several hours to avoid "the worst" of the storm, we were sorely disappointed that "Utah's Biggest Blizzard of the Decade" was rather pitiful in Springville, Utah. And wasn't different from any other previous flurry of the season. Sigh. Oh well. At least my boots are still useful, regardless of the amount of snow. The Lord blesses us in mysterious ways. He knew it was more important to me that the roads were clear this weekend for my drive home, over the chance to go sledding.
marie --It's fun to have my litte sister here with me in Utah for Thanksgiving. Yesterday, we teased her mercilessly as it was "pick on Marie" day. But in truth, she is one of my favorite people, and I think she is talented, sharp and beautiful. I miss her when she's gone, tease her when she's here, and text her constantly.
These are just a few things I'm thankful for. My life is full of spectacular, special and giving people. And I am more blessed than I sometimes realize.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
And I'm grateful for you! :) Spokane/Rexburg trip sometime soon??
Post a Comment