My biggest insecurity....

So I thought about lying, and saying that my biggest insecurity is my nose...But that is not true. My nose is awesome. And it doesn't bug me. It fits my face. Or my face fits my nose. Either way, I have no insecure feelings about my nose.
But, obviously, my weight has always been a big insecurity. I don't have the greatest will power when it comes to exercise or dieting. I'm aware that I need a life-style change to be healthier.
However, what I have worked on harder than the weight-loss, has been acceptance of my body. I think I have gained a point in my life where I am happy with who I am, body and all. I'm aware that I am overweight and that there are health risks involved. And I go through stages of working towards a healthier me. But I have always felt that self-confidence in whatever body type I may have, is more important. I want to be happy all the time. Not always unhappy striving for the "skinny me."
I read a book recently by Don Miguel Ruiz called "The Four Agreements: A Toltec Wisdom Book." Definitely a self-help book, but a lot of my family recommended the book. Nothing in the book was glaringly new, but it reminded me to strive better to accept myself. He said,
"We have the need to be accepted and loved by others, but [the problem is that] we cannot accept and love ourselves. The more self-love we have, the less we will experience self-abuse. Self-abuse comes from self-rejection, and self-rejection comes from having an image of what it means to be perfect and never measuring up to that ideal. Our image of perfection is the reason we reject ourselves; it is why we don't accept ourselves the way we are, and we don't accept others the way they are."
Self-love and exercise: the key to healthy happiness. ;D
1 comment:
Totally love this post!
Post a Comment