07 December 2011

wow

So, sorry for my disappearance from the blogging world! My sister just sent me a link to her new blog--and I thought, "Oh my gosh! My blog!" Seriously--I am ashamed. I can't believe I haven't remembered to blog! What happened to me??

Well, here are a few updates from the last few months:
1. I got to see all my amazing Sheranian family for my Grandmother's funeral. My grandpa and I are slowly adjusting to a house without my Grandma. It's weird.
2. I almost went on a blind date. Long story short--we talked on the phone for hours, totally hit it off, and then he decided he really liked my friend who set us up and decided not to risk a chance with her by going out with me. So.... lamesauce.
3. I shot a gun for the first time in my life over Thanksgiving. A 12-gage shotgun. I shot me some pigeons. The clay kind. I sported a pretty awesome bruise on my arm for a while.

4. I've been baking a lot--i.e. Today I made the most scrumptious vegan pistachio cupcakes. Seriously to die for. With buttercream rose frosting. My mom made fun of me about these because 1. I made vegan for no reason and 2. I counteracted the whole vegan thing by putting real butter in the buttercream frosting. I don't care. They seriously are the best cupcakes ever. EVER.
4. I am currently deciding between two future occupations.

Ok--let's play a game I like to call "Help-KaRynn-Choose-Her-Future." Haha. But really...

I have narrowed my options down to two I really like.
1. Get my California teaching credentials (through UCLA Extension, or through CSUN). Ultimately, whichever is the cheapest. LOL
or 2. Get into the management portion of hospice care. I'm still looking into that--because I don't think I actually need to go back to school to be considered qualified... and if I do, most likely I will have to take Business Management classes--which is ALSO offered through UCLA Extension. (Oh the blessing of living five blocks from UCLA).

What are your thoughts?

PS - Props to the people who noticed I used two #4's.

4 comments:

Deveny said...

"Pick 2 me lord!" But seriously, I can totally seeing you rocking that job and you don't have to deal with a union (and healthcare positions are always hiring!).

Sarah said...

I have to say I lean towards #2 myself because there are TONS of jobs in the medical field and the demand is only going to get bigger over the next few years. Funding for music teachers on the other hand. . . . . A sad reality.

But taking those logical things into consideration, you should also follow your own inspiration first!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA... maybe shouldn't make that face and hold a gun at the same time. Put the gun down slowly... :)

Hmm, interesting choices. I know nothing about either one really, so I won't be any help. Um... go to law school? No, kidding. Don't. I think option 2 sounds good. But I will point out that there are also pretty much always teaching jobs. So, you're probably good either way!

Lita said...

KaRynn, you are the best! I am sooo pleased to see you blogged! I miss you so much. I was thinking about you just the other day and wished I could call you up to go to the beach or something. Anyway, I think your future should be exactly what you think will make you happiest. Probably visiting Calgary at least once. ;)

We should talk more... maybe we should use Facebook. lol