07 July 2008

3 inches at a time

So after 6 weeks of hard work with Jess Brereton--my personal trainer, now great friend--I have lost 10 pounds. Exactly 10. And about 3 inches everywhere. Lol. I have worked out twice a week with Jess doing hardcore weight training for an hour for each of the sessions. And then the rest of the week I'm supposed to do at least one hour of cardio. My eating habits have changed as well. I'm quite proud about that part. I now eat like a skinny person. =D AND my body is no longer addicted to the energy taken from starch carbs (breads, pastas, potatoes, bad sugars like chocolate and sweets). Some days, I don't even have any carbs. Which isn't necessarily the greatest either. But it just shows that my body is no longer addicted to it. YEAH! It's hard though. The other day I went out for ice cream with my grandparents, my uncle and my cousins (who I haven't seen in about 6 months). Of course, I haven't had ice cream in about a month, so not only is it a temptation, I now am in an ice cream shop and I have to say "NO." This would not be so hard if my 10-year old cousin, Harrison, was shoving a spoon of ice cream in my face the whole hour chanting, "Are you jealous? Are you jealous?" Little kids can be so vindictive sometimes. I about died. But I never gave in! Woot! And I know that it's these small victories that lead to me losing 3 inches at a time. =D

No comments: