29 July 2008

breaking dawn


At dawn on Saturday August 2nd, I know exactly where I will be: on my couch, with bleary, red-splotched, drooping eyes and barely enough energy to hold up THE book of the summer--Stephenie Meyer's very own "BREAKING DAWN." I am so super excited about this. I had a book on reserve until I realized that I would not be in Provo when it came out. I will actually be in California. And so, I am planning the wonderful midnight excursion with my sister and we will buy the books to entertain us for the following day. (But to be honest, I know that i'm going straight to bed and not staying up until all hours of the morning reading it at the fastest speed possible, because I will be trying with all the will power in my body to postpone those wonderful pages until I am on the plane headed toward the beautiful, tropical island of Oahu). I considered the ups and downs of my decision and realized that if I kept the book for the flight, the six hour trip would then become one long adventure of vampires and werewolves. What could be better?

I have enjoyed the spoilers/quotes Stephenie Meyer has slipped to the public--read to me by my kindred spirits at work who, like me, enjoy Edward and know that our lives have truly been altered because our standards of true love have been changed forever and no real man could ever live up to our expectations. So sad that a YA book could do that to all girls from ages 10-25. Who knew that Stephenie Meyer could be so talented that she could have her books appeal to such a range of ages!

As for Team Jacob versus Team Edward, we all know, deep in our hearts,(even the slightly manic ones who actually believe that Bella will end up with Jacob--haha, that's funny), that Stephenie Meyer could not end the book any other way than having Bella become a vampire so that she can live throughout eternity with her true love. And the only way that Jacob can be truly happy is if he imprints on someone--and my lucky guess is that it is Leah. Who else would it be? It would be perfect! And then the ending would be happily ever after--which is the only worthwhile ending to any story. And sadly, I know that if the book doesn't pan out this way, I will be forever aware of the fact that my imagination is superior to that of Stephenie Meyer. =D Just kidding. Even more pathetically, I know that I could never write a novel of this magnitude. She should be proud.

No comments: