02 July 2008

be careful what you wish for

...you might just get it.

I went to see a movie with my friend Allyson on saturday night. I love her dearly, and in the car on the way home, we had a discussion about the uninteresting lives we lead and how sad it is that we don't have more exciting lives.

After I dropped her off, I went straight home. And turning left into the parking lot of the housing in which I live, I heard a crunch and realized with instant fear and panic that a moped had just hit me. I stopped my car and got out to see her laying on the ground--without a helmet. Gratefully, she sat up and was up and walking within a minute of the crash. Her moped is completely destroyed and my car has a nasty dent and millions of scratches on the back right door. I didn't even see her! If you own a moped or motorcycle--wear your helmet! Don't be stupid! No one ever sees mopeds or motorcycles! They are incredibly hard to see! So don't be stupid! Needless to say, it was a very stressful situation. It took about an hour to fill out the paperwork and I was shaking and crying the whole time. But I only got a traffic violation for failing to yield while turning left.

Coincidentally, the first thought that popped into my head as the police told me to go get my insurance and registration was, "Why did I want a more exciting life?"

No comments: