
So my family came into town for the 4th of July. It was quite fun, considering how interesting my family can be. My brother and cousin Sadie decided to make Ratatouille for fun. With the help of Sadie's three younger sisters, they created the masterpiece. All the adults loved it, and the chefs that actually created it, had one bite and put it down. But I found out that I love this "peasant meal."
We also ended up at Seven Peaks on the 4th of July and had a lot of fun going down slides. Although I question everyone's sanity (including my own) in entering the wave pool. To be honest, those waves are nothing like the ocean. And second of all, that water is way too warm to be blamed on the heat of the late afternoon. It doesn't taste like chlorine either--which makes me wonder a little bit about how scared I should be that I actually entered that water.
My family always gets together in the cultural hall of whatever church building is closest to whoever's house we are congregating at. So we ended up in a cultural hall somewhere in Springville and enjoyed the time playing basketball, eating, and, yes, karaoke singing. It is a big tradition in our family to have Karaoke contests with my grandmother as the judge. Of course this time, it wasn't so much as a contest as it was a glorious performance. We (aka everyone but me--because I was working), sang Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" for my grandmother. When I mean everyone, I mean everyone. It is my aunt Anne's favorite song right now. And you know this if you know her at all. She has all of my cousins, ranging from age 3 to age 23, loving this song. And so therefore, they sang and danced to the song for my Grandma Ogles. It was quite entertaining, I was told. My grandma made them do it twice because she loved the performance so much. Ultimately, my family is a typical crazy-fun family and I thoroughly enjoyed having them here in Utah for Independence Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment