Ok, so shout out to Jessica Rodebush--my sweet friend who has been in ALL of my classes for the last two years and who makes me laugh EVERYday! (I can't tell you how many times I've had to stifle a laugh during the middle of a lecture). This is an idea that I got from HER blog, and I couldn't pass it up:

100 things you may not know about me

1. I went to Germany as an exchange student without knowing a lick of German (i.e. I can count 1-10 and say hello, goodbye, thankyou and your welcome).
2. I have accidentally been to a Gay Pride Parade. (Never again--way too risque).
3. I have gotten on the wrong train before--hence, my 6 hr detour through Switzerland.
4. I have cut my hair short several times in my life, but only this last time did it actually look good (picture proving it above).
5. I have lost 25 pounds in the last 6 months.
6. My secret wish is that I get married in the next 6 months so that I don't have to go to grad school (not that I DON'T want to go to grad school, I just don't want to go YET!)
7. I love physics--specifically acoustics (who knew?)
8. I dressed like a boy until I was in highschool (absolutely NO sense of fashion).
9. I was once athletic: I played soccer & basketball. Before I moved from LA to Simi, I was actually on sports teams and won!--and then for some reason, when I moved, sports didn't matter anymore.
10. I came to BYU with 39 credits already done through passing AP tests.
11. My freshman year at BYU was so drama-filled, exhausting and traumatic, I have blocked most of it from my memory (literally, the only experiences I remember of my freshman year have been recorded, photographed, or told to me).
12. I have a new affinity for colored eyeliners (turqoise, purple--in addition to my regular dark brown/black).
13. My life could be made into a Lifetime movie (although I have to admit, that Melissa's would be more heart-wrenching and entertaining to watch).
14. I can sight-read anything on the piano. (This is relative, of course. Don't give me a Liszt piece and expect perfection).
15. I love to read: hence a HUGE, long list of books which keeps getting longer.
16. I wish I could run--like really run. (Maybe a half-marathon, or even a 5K).
17. I have crooked heels--the medical term is "veras heels." They cause me pain when I walk or run.
18. I can crack every joint in my body (fingers--all joints, wrists, elbows, shoulder, neck, back, toes, ankles, knees). According to roommates, I crack my fingers in my sleep--creepy.
19. I have never been kissed. (Yes, I'm still in the VLC).
20. I am newly inspired to do my genealogy (Melissa is excited about this one--although she shouldn't be, because now I won't pay her to do it for me).
21. 7-Up makes me gag. When I was a kid, I only drank it when I had the flu, so it reminds me of being sick.
22. I have taken the California to Utah (and Utah to California) roadtrip over 30 times in my life.
23. I have been to Disneyland over 25 times in my life. (I'm lucky to have an Uncle who works as a light designer at Disneyland--free tickets baby!--Thanks Kent!)
24. And yet, I have only been to Six Flags twice.
25. I was in marching band for a month my junior year in high school playing the xylophone. No joke. I hated it.
26. I think I have pretty toes.
27. I have a freckle on the lower eyelash line of my right eye. You can't see it unless you are an inch away. (Please don't come into my bubble without asking). =D
28. I never got any wisdom teeth, but if I did, my orthodontist said that I would have had room in my mouth for them (since I didn't get most of my 12 yr old molars, either).
29. I'm scared of thunderstorms. I don't know why. It may be beautiful to some, but I literally freak out when I hear thunder.
30. My parents had to teach my older sister how to push when I started to crawl. I was aggressive, and Sarah was non-aggressive. I would steal her toys and she would just sit and watch me take them away--until she learned how to push. I'm sure I threw a fit.
31. Sarah and I used to play fat man and skinny man on our bikes in the parking garage of the apartment we grew up in--I was always the fat man (hm...makes you wonder).
32. The only video game I've ever been good at is Sonic the Hedge-Hog. And I can still beat anyone who challenges me.
33. I graduate with my Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders in April 2009 and its completely freaking me out.
34. I really want to learn how to play the guitar.
35. I wish I was the type of person that could make a group of people laugh.
36. Bobby Flay is my hero. (I love Iron Chef, and Throw-down with Bobby Flay).
37. Chuck Bass is the stud of studs. (This one is for you Jessica Rodebush!!)
38. My favorite season is summer. (I hate real winters--I'm 100% content with a Green Christmas).
39. My favorite blog to read is Milan's because she's entertaining in a newspaper-column-Marley&Me type of way. (She's a brilliant writer and has fun ways of updating her friends on her life).
40. I love cheese--I got it from my father, who got it from his father. It's a horrible thing. (We all have and still do, cut a huge slice of straight cheese as a snack).
41. My favorite comedians are: 1- Stephen Colbert (from The Colbert Report) 2- Chandler Bing (from Friends) 3- Dwight Schrute (from The Office) 4- Brian Regan (stand-up comedy). --Not necessarily in that order.
42. I've never been good at memorizing movie titles, movie lines, song lyrics, song titles, artists, etc. I may have a favorite song and not be able to tell you who sang it or it's title. I may not even be able to tell you the lyrics. It might just be my favorite song. =D
43. I listen to my favorite songs over and over and over again until I get sick of it. (Sorry roomies!) Hence, if you look on my iPod, you can go to my Most Played playlist and find my 25 favorite songs from the last 2 years.
44. I finally, after 17 years of school, in my last year of college, have stopped procrastinating (for the most part).
45. The older I get, the more I realize I don't know anything and my parents know everything.
46. I regret quitting piano in highschool. I think I would have enjoyed the thrill of a piano performance minor here at BYU.
47. Someday, I will write a book. I don't know what type of book, but I want to do it.
48. I am also newly inspired to write my memoirs, aka book of remembrance, aka autobiography. I know--I'm not old enough to have a lot of significant things to write about. But someday, I will write it.
49. I don't remember learning how to swim. It is as natural as walking. (My favorite swimming pool memory is in my backyard during a lightning storm at midnight with some of my closest high school friends).
50. I'm not really a morning person, but I'm easy to wake up and I'm never grumpy about it.
51. If I could, I would be in sweats, a t-shirt, (hoodie if needed) and barefoot. It is my most comfortable outfit.
52. It is ironic that I love to be barefoot, because my mother nicknamed me Imelda Marcos when I was younger for my addiction to shoes. I love to buy and own shoes. Notice, "to wear" shoes is not necessarily my favorite thing. I own over 30 pairs of shoes (not all with me) and love them all!
53. I LOVE it when my friends and I have "jinx" moments--when we say the same thing at the same time without any prep. Without fail, it always makes me laugh.
54. I used to hate sweat. Now, I love it because it means I've worked really hard to get to that point.
55. I really want to go on a mission someday.
56. I have slept in the library more than 30 times during my 4 years at BYU. Granted, these "naps" didn't last much longer than 1 hr. But still...
57. My freshman roommates and I made our own hot tub in our kitchen in the dorms. Yes, it's possible; yes, we got in trouble; yes, it was the best night ever.
58. I love to people-watch and eavesdrop. It's such a bad habit--but people are so funny!
59. I secretly love to tease people that don't catch on that they're being teased.
60. I love change--there is an exciting freshness about meeting new people, having new experiences, and trying new things.
61. I am an ugly crier. I'm not one of those girls who look gorgeous with tears running down their face. I get red, blotchy and ugly.
62. There are only a few movies that can make me cry every time I see them: The Lion King, Steel Magnolias, PS I Love You, and oddly enough, The Last Samurai.
63. I've always wanted to do accents well. I'm horrible when it comes to faking any type of accent: British, Australian or Jamaican.
64. I'm an over-aggressive driver (due to my upbringing and experience in driving in LA traffic).
65. Slow people bug me (both mentally-slow and physically-slow people).--Just to clarify, this does not apply to any mentally-handicapped or handicapped person. This applies to normal, everyday people who just don't get it and won't get out of my way.
66. Because of JBaum and JSchro, every time I'm on a roadtrip and I drive by a cemetary, I laugh. And people look at my funny.
67. I love inside jokes. Especially this one right now between Melissa, JBaum and I. I wish I could take notes on how many times I've laughed at it. =D
68. I used to be a crazy spender. Well--I still am. But now I balance my checkbook! Such a great habit to have formed!
69. When I make cookies, it's never for the cookie. It's always for the dough.
70. I totally believe in the 7-Degrees of Separation Theory. I bet you I know everyone from Bill Clinton to Gandhi to Matt Damon because of who I know. (I can prove those 3--Gandhi with only 2 degrees of separation).
71. My dream since I was a little girl is to get married in the Los Angeles temple.
72. I watched my friends celebrate my 9th birthday party from my balcony--I got sick the morning of the party and it was too late to cancel. =[
73. I no longer correct people when they say my name wrong. It's gotten too tedious.
74. I sing in my car and in the shower ALL the time. (My roommates have probably had too many opportunities to catch embarrassing shower-singing moments).--Thanks for not taking those opportunities!
75. I hate being the center of attention. (Umm..Birthdays? Don't sing to me! What do I do while you sing? Sit there and blush? Yes, unfortunately).
76. I get embarrassed easily.
77. I have anxiety about falling. I know, funny anxiety. But it's true. Hence, my hate for skiing, snowing, and ice skating because I don't have friction to help stop me from falling down.
78. I'm a klutz. I run into doors and walls all the time--hence the random, unexplainable bruises I find all the time.
79. When I get really angry, I don't like to be touched. What people don't realize is that if they come within 2 feet of me, or even tease me about touching me, there will be a WWF smackdown right then and there. (This doesn't happen very often, but just as a warning to those who care).
80. When people talk about going to a relaxing place, mine is a beach on a really hot, humid day. It's SOO relaxing.
81. I have a weakness for teenie-bopper books/movies--hence, my enjoyment in Twilight. (Explanation: It's a roll-your-eyes type of enjoyment).
82. I hate the sensation before and during a sneeze. I try to do everything in my power not to sneeze--which usually leads to a very awkward, strangled sound.
83. I'm very talented at back-scratching--so they say.
84. I hate only one game in this world: Catchphrase. I don't like it. It gives me anxiety. And for some reason, I own it. =D
85. I was a piano teacher in high school for five beginning pianists. I think I did quite well.
86. I won several piano competitions--but cried before I walked in and after I walked out every one because of the stress.
87. I'm horrible at dancing. I can keep a beat very well, but I can't follow for the life of me. My theory is that my friends/sisters always made me lead as a child. And so now? I'm awesome at leading, and I can't follow for beans.
88. I dyed my hair in a moment of rebellion while I was in Germany. I loved the color and wish that I could be that daring again. It was a very dark red--almost purplish when the light hit it. I loved it.
89. I pinched the boy that sat next to me in second grade everyday for two weeks before he told on me. He annoyed me.
90. I was called the "Jolly Green Giant" throughout elementary school.2. I have accidentally been to a Gay Pride Parade. (Never again--way too risque).
3. I have gotten on the wrong train before--hence, my 6 hr detour through Switzerland.
4. I have cut my hair short several times in my life, but only this last time did it actually look good (picture proving it above).
5. I have lost 25 pounds in the last 6 months.
6. My secret wish is that I get married in the next 6 months so that I don't have to go to grad school (not that I DON'T want to go to grad school, I just don't want to go YET!)
7. I love physics--specifically acoustics (who knew?)
8. I dressed like a boy until I was in highschool (absolutely NO sense of fashion).
9. I was once athletic: I played soccer & basketball. Before I moved from LA to Simi, I was actually on sports teams and won!--and then for some reason, when I moved, sports didn't matter anymore.
10. I came to BYU with 39 credits already done through passing AP tests.
11. My freshman year at BYU was so drama-filled, exhausting and traumatic, I have blocked most of it from my memory (literally, the only experiences I remember of my freshman year have been recorded, photographed, or told to me).
12. I have a new affinity for colored eyeliners (turqoise, purple--in addition to my regular dark brown/black).
13. My life could be made into a Lifetime movie (although I have to admit, that Melissa's would be more heart-wrenching and entertaining to watch).
14. I can sight-read anything on the piano. (This is relative, of course. Don't give me a Liszt piece and expect perfection).
15. I love to read: hence a HUGE, long list of books which keeps getting longer.
16. I wish I could run--like really run. (Maybe a half-marathon, or even a 5K).
17. I have crooked heels--the medical term is "veras heels." They cause me pain when I walk or run.
18. I can crack every joint in my body (fingers--all joints, wrists, elbows, shoulder, neck, back, toes, ankles, knees). According to roommates, I crack my fingers in my sleep--creepy.
19. I have never been kissed. (Yes, I'm still in the VLC).
20. I am newly inspired to do my genealogy (Melissa is excited about this one--although she shouldn't be, because now I won't pay her to do it for me).
21. 7-Up makes me gag. When I was a kid, I only drank it when I had the flu, so it reminds me of being sick.
22. I have taken the California to Utah (and Utah to California) roadtrip over 30 times in my life.
23. I have been to Disneyland over 25 times in my life. (I'm lucky to have an Uncle who works as a light designer at Disneyland--free tickets baby!--Thanks Kent!)
24. And yet, I have only been to Six Flags twice.
25. I was in marching band for a month my junior year in high school playing the xylophone. No joke. I hated it.
26. I think I have pretty toes.
27. I have a freckle on the lower eyelash line of my right eye. You can't see it unless you are an inch away. (Please don't come into my bubble without asking). =D
28. I never got any wisdom teeth, but if I did, my orthodontist said that I would have had room in my mouth for them (since I didn't get most of my 12 yr old molars, either).
29. I'm scared of thunderstorms. I don't know why. It may be beautiful to some, but I literally freak out when I hear thunder.
30. My parents had to teach my older sister how to push when I started to crawl. I was aggressive, and Sarah was non-aggressive. I would steal her toys and she would just sit and watch me take them away--until she learned how to push. I'm sure I threw a fit.
31. Sarah and I used to play fat man and skinny man on our bikes in the parking garage of the apartment we grew up in--I was always the fat man (hm...makes you wonder).
32. The only video game I've ever been good at is Sonic the Hedge-Hog. And I can still beat anyone who challenges me.
33. I graduate with my Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders in April 2009 and its completely freaking me out.
34. I really want to learn how to play the guitar.
35. I wish I was the type of person that could make a group of people laugh.
36. Bobby Flay is my hero. (I love Iron Chef, and Throw-down with Bobby Flay).
37. Chuck Bass is the stud of studs. (This one is for you Jessica Rodebush!!)
38. My favorite season is summer. (I hate real winters--I'm 100% content with a Green Christmas).
39. My favorite blog to read is Milan's because she's entertaining in a newspaper-column-Marley&Me type of way. (She's a brilliant writer and has fun ways of updating her friends on her life).
40. I love cheese--I got it from my father, who got it from his father. It's a horrible thing. (We all have and still do, cut a huge slice of straight cheese as a snack).
41. My favorite comedians are: 1- Stephen Colbert (from The Colbert Report) 2- Chandler Bing (from Friends) 3- Dwight Schrute (from The Office) 4- Brian Regan (stand-up comedy). --Not necessarily in that order.
42. I've never been good at memorizing movie titles, movie lines, song lyrics, song titles, artists, etc. I may have a favorite song and not be able to tell you who sang it or it's title. I may not even be able to tell you the lyrics. It might just be my favorite song. =D
43. I listen to my favorite songs over and over and over again until I get sick of it. (Sorry roomies!) Hence, if you look on my iPod, you can go to my Most Played playlist and find my 25 favorite songs from the last 2 years.
44. I finally, after 17 years of school, in my last year of college, have stopped procrastinating (for the most part).
45. The older I get, the more I realize I don't know anything and my parents know everything.
46. I regret quitting piano in highschool. I think I would have enjoyed the thrill of a piano performance minor here at BYU.
47. Someday, I will write a book. I don't know what type of book, but I want to do it.
48. I am also newly inspired to write my memoirs, aka book of remembrance, aka autobiography. I know--I'm not old enough to have a lot of significant things to write about. But someday, I will write it.
49. I don't remember learning how to swim. It is as natural as walking. (My favorite swimming pool memory is in my backyard during a lightning storm at midnight with some of my closest high school friends).
50. I'm not really a morning person, but I'm easy to wake up and I'm never grumpy about it.
51. If I could, I would be in sweats, a t-shirt, (hoodie if needed) and barefoot. It is my most comfortable outfit.
52. It is ironic that I love to be barefoot, because my mother nicknamed me Imelda Marcos when I was younger for my addiction to shoes. I love to buy and own shoes. Notice, "to wear" shoes is not necessarily my favorite thing. I own over 30 pairs of shoes (not all with me) and love them all!
53. I LOVE it when my friends and I have "jinx" moments--when we say the same thing at the same time without any prep. Without fail, it always makes me laugh.
54. I used to hate sweat. Now, I love it because it means I've worked really hard to get to that point.
55. I really want to go on a mission someday.
56. I have slept in the library more than 30 times during my 4 years at BYU. Granted, these "naps" didn't last much longer than 1 hr. But still...
57. My freshman roommates and I made our own hot tub in our kitchen in the dorms. Yes, it's possible; yes, we got in trouble; yes, it was the best night ever.
58. I love to people-watch and eavesdrop. It's such a bad habit--but people are so funny!
59. I secretly love to tease people that don't catch on that they're being teased.
60. I love change--there is an exciting freshness about meeting new people, having new experiences, and trying new things.
61. I am an ugly crier. I'm not one of those girls who look gorgeous with tears running down their face. I get red, blotchy and ugly.
62. There are only a few movies that can make me cry every time I see them: The Lion King, Steel Magnolias, PS I Love You, and oddly enough, The Last Samurai.
63. I've always wanted to do accents well. I'm horrible when it comes to faking any type of accent: British, Australian or Jamaican.
64. I'm an over-aggressive driver (due to my upbringing and experience in driving in LA traffic).
65. Slow people bug me (both mentally-slow and physically-slow people).--Just to clarify, this does not apply to any mentally-handicapped or handicapped person. This applies to normal, everyday people who just don't get it and won't get out of my way.
66. Because of JBaum and JSchro, every time I'm on a roadtrip and I drive by a cemetary, I laugh. And people look at my funny.
67. I love inside jokes. Especially this one right now between Melissa, JBaum and I. I wish I could take notes on how many times I've laughed at it. =D
68. I used to be a crazy spender. Well--I still am. But now I balance my checkbook! Such a great habit to have formed!
69. When I make cookies, it's never for the cookie. It's always for the dough.
70. I totally believe in the 7-Degrees of Separation Theory. I bet you I know everyone from Bill Clinton to Gandhi to Matt Damon because of who I know. (I can prove those 3--Gandhi with only 2 degrees of separation).
71. My dream since I was a little girl is to get married in the Los Angeles temple.
72. I watched my friends celebrate my 9th birthday party from my balcony--I got sick the morning of the party and it was too late to cancel. =[
73. I no longer correct people when they say my name wrong. It's gotten too tedious.
74. I sing in my car and in the shower ALL the time. (My roommates have probably had too many opportunities to catch embarrassing shower-singing moments).--Thanks for not taking those opportunities!
75. I hate being the center of attention. (Umm..Birthdays? Don't sing to me! What do I do while you sing? Sit there and blush? Yes, unfortunately).
76. I get embarrassed easily.
77. I have anxiety about falling. I know, funny anxiety. But it's true. Hence, my hate for skiing, snowing, and ice skating because I don't have friction to help stop me from falling down.
78. I'm a klutz. I run into doors and walls all the time--hence the random, unexplainable bruises I find all the time.
79. When I get really angry, I don't like to be touched. What people don't realize is that if they come within 2 feet of me, or even tease me about touching me, there will be a WWF smackdown right then and there. (This doesn't happen very often, but just as a warning to those who care).
80. When people talk about going to a relaxing place, mine is a beach on a really hot, humid day. It's SOO relaxing.
81. I have a weakness for teenie-bopper books/movies--hence, my enjoyment in Twilight. (Explanation: It's a roll-your-eyes type of enjoyment).
82. I hate the sensation before and during a sneeze. I try to do everything in my power not to sneeze--which usually leads to a very awkward, strangled sound.
83. I'm very talented at back-scratching--so they say.
84. I hate only one game in this world: Catchphrase. I don't like it. It gives me anxiety. And for some reason, I own it. =D
85. I was a piano teacher in high school for five beginning pianists. I think I did quite well.
86. I won several piano competitions--but cried before I walked in and after I walked out every one because of the stress.
87. I'm horrible at dancing. I can keep a beat very well, but I can't follow for the life of me. My theory is that my friends/sisters always made me lead as a child. And so now? I'm awesome at leading, and I can't follow for beans.
88. I dyed my hair in a moment of rebellion while I was in Germany. I loved the color and wish that I could be that daring again. It was a very dark red--almost purplish when the light hit it. I loved it.
89. I pinched the boy that sat next to me in second grade everyday for two weeks before he told on me. He annoyed me.
91. In theory, I am against Utah culture and jargon. But I have given in to saying "pop" for soda, and "hoodie" for sweatshirt. What's next??
92. I am secretly pleased by the fact that everyone in my family has a facebook (i.e. mom, dad, sisters, grandma, uncles, aunts, cousins). Literally, everyone.93. I have had 6 computers crash on me in my life. And I literally have no idea what I did to deserve it.
94. I love lists. There is a sense of accomplishment and pleasure when you can check things off a list one at a time.95. I have become a sympathetic crier. I didn't used to be. But now, if I see a friend crying--I don't even need to know why and tears start rolling down my face.
96. My sister and I have identical cell phones, digital cameras and cars: blackberry curve (silver), canon (silver), 2003 honda accord (white).97. I hate jump roping. I hated it as a child and I hate it now. I don't understand the point of bouncing up and down continuously for fun.
98. My favorite artist is Lladro. I discovered one of his sculptures in a little antique shop in Solvang, CA at 12 years old. I told my Grandma then and there that I wanted it as a wedding gift. That request still stands.99. I love to travel. Someday, I will sell my house and be a vagabond. =D
100. I am a very touchy-feely person. I love to hug people and I love to cuddle!
5 comments:
I like #45.
Love Dad.
I was surprised to see in how many things we are alike. Thanks for posting this.
:D thanks for the shout out miss! i love reading your blog too!!
I laughed so hard at #31!! I totally forgot about that. My only guess is that we were inspired by movies like 101 Dalmations where there is always a fat and skinny pair. Sorry!!
And, KaRynn, I think we're way more alike than you would think.
I wanted to comment on some of these but forgot until you did mine. haha
#15 We really need to send lists to eachother, this could be the beginning of a wonderful long distance book club :)
#18 Holy crap I remember getting SO annoyed when I was trying to sleep. HAHA But I totally forgot about that because I got so used to it
#25 Oooo my gosh, I totally remember that! I would listen to you practice and you would be complaining the whole time about it. Still sounded cool. lol
#40 SICK; I remember you doing that so many times and it was nasty
#69 None of the Sheranians ever make cookies for the cookies! If you guys yielded a batch that was like a miracle. HAHA
Post a Comment