05 August 2010

last girls nights

Before I leave Provo next weekend, I'm determined to see as many friends as I can.
I don't really have that many friends in California anymore, so I know my social life will slow down for a bit before I start making new friends.

I have been successful in my Provo outings so far.

My work girlies and I went to see Dinner for Schmucks the other night after work. We got to the theater an hour before the movie started, so we walked around and bought ice cream while listening to Ashley tell hilarious stories about skinny dipping at the PG public pool in high school and the times she got caught or almost got caught.

Krystal, Ashley, Sarah and I.
I'm not really going to miss work, but I'm definitely going to miss the girls (and guys) I work with!
Dinner for Schmucks was so stupid, it was funny. And it had a good moral to the story. They make fun of idiots, but he becomes best friends with his idiot, who is a walking disaster. And he learns to treat everyone with respect regardless of weirdness.

LAST night, I decided to have another girls night out with my old/now married roommates. We do it every so often, but once I move, we won't all be in the same place ever again. So I decided to take advantage of our geographical closeness one last time.

Me and Melissa:
We went to Red Robin's and talked for a couple of hours; conversation ranged from Prop 8 to Melissa's new business proposition.

Sandi and my yummy Oreo shake:

Sandi and Marci:

Melissa & JSchro:

Afterwards, JSchro and I went to see Charlie St. Cloud. It was a great film. I had been hesitant to see the movie because I thought it was one of those movies where if you've seen the preview, you've seen the movie.
I was SO wrong.
JSchro has seen the movie before, and when there was a twist that made me think, "Ahhh!!", she looked over at me and said, "Haha, you weren't expecting that, huh?"
The preview definitely misleads you to think you know what the movie is about. If you haven't seen the movie, you really don't know. Go see it. It's worth it. 

And Zac Efron is just so good looking. Even if you end up not liking the movie, you at least got a full 1 1/2 hours of eye candy.
He just looks so good in jeans and a t-shirt, doesn't he?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes! Yes he does. And so does Jonathan. ;)

Good pictures. We will miss you though!!! :(

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

Oh, how it made my day to see you have a blog. This was a fun night, jealous that I didn't go to the movie with ya'll. I will seriously miss you, and I'll be looking forward to your frequent visits to Utah. :D

lauren brimley said...

Oh man. I love girl's nights. And I love Zach Efron. Wasn't he the dream boat of the century?

MeganKalynn said...

okay good! i wanted to see it but wasnt sure! =)