My grandma had her very last chemotherapy session today!
Granted, her neutrophil counts (a type of white blood cell that fights against infection) were low--but she has an awesome Doc who understood that as it was supposed to be her last chemo, it would be a low blow to make her wait another week. So she got her chemo today--a grueling 12 hour ordeal, most of which was waiting. (The actual drip-drip of the chemicals takes 6 hours). And then tomorrow, she has to go in to get a Neulasta shot to boost her neutrophils so that she doesn't crash. And we are happy that it's Neulasta instead of Neupogen because the latter is 3 shots over a period of 3 days, instead of a 1-and-then-you're-done shot.I just have to say that the more I've been involved in the treatment/recovery of my grandmother, the more I respect doctors. They are amazing. What would we do without them in serious situations as these?
Anyways, Grandma Sheranian is a cancer survivor! Way to go! She's going to be exhausted for the next week--to the point where she won't be able to get out of bed for a few days. But after that, we are excited to know that she will get her energy back--AND HER HAIR!! Grandpa is hoping it will come back red. I guess we'll see. ;D
1 comment:
YEA!!! So happy for your G-ma!
Post a Comment