Halloween holds a lot of fun childhood memories for me.
The occassional trip to the witch house in Beverly Hills:
No joke. Someone owns this house. Don't ask me who, 'cuz I don't know. But if I lived in that house, I'd be constantly creeped out.
Or Trick or Trunk--which if you don't know what this time-tested Halloween tradition is--you are missing out. Big time. Trick or Trunk is where kids go from open trunk to open trunk to get their candy, instead of door to door. People decorate their trunks and it's a safe way to trick or treat.
Since I lived in LA--yeah, well, we Tricked or Trunked. ;D
Or thinking of Halloween costumes.
This year, I was Malificent.
Yes, from Sleeping Beauty.
Versus me:
Granted, I'm smiling, but I did a pretty good job in only a couple of days. Don'tcha think?
Anyways, I enjoyed Halloween on Friday night at a huge regional dance in LA. There were definitely a couple of thousand people who showed up. Whew.
At the dance, I was helping out with the Speed Dating. Yep.
I almost screamed running away from it. Half the boys--ahem, "men"--participating in the Speed Dating were 17 or 18 years old. Ridiculous, right?
I'm almost 24. What's the use of Speed Dating when these boys are still in high school. Ugh. It was a bit disconcerting, if you ask me.
But you didn't ask me, so I'm just going to say:
Happy Halloween!
Enjoy the pumpkins, the candy and the horror films!
And NO CHRISTMAS MUSIC UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!



3 comments:
First of all, I reserve the right to listen to Christmas starting... TOMORROW! Hahahahaha.
Second of all, it's called "Trunk or Treating" not "Trick or Trunking" - crazy Californians. :)
Third of all, your costume is AWESOME! I wanted to be her for halloween when I was little. Never could put together a costume that good though!
Well considering you sometimes listen to Christmas music in June, I'm not surprised. Oh, the horror! ;D
And--AHEM, It IS Trick or Trunking. I would know, considering it was created for those children who lived in not so great neighborhoods to trick or treat in, like mine. And it's more fun to trick anyways. You know you'll get a treat regardless, because the candy is IN the trunk. ;D
I totally agree, if I lived in the Witch's House from Beverly Hills, I would be creeped out too! indeed, someone owns this house. It is rumored that a Realtor named Michael Libow lives there! this house reminds me of my childhood...:)
Post a Comment