24 October 2010

LA1

I am now in the Los Angeles 1st Ward--the best singles ward in LA. ;D
Quite frankly, this ward is FANTASTIC. We have so much fun, and I'm making so many new friends.

This weekend was stake conference. After the Saturday evening session (which was very uplifting), I tagged along on the ward's biannual tradition of going to Roscoe's after Saturday's stake conference.

Roscoe's. As in Roscoe's Chicken N Waffles Roscoe's. Yep.

We had so many people, there were a few tables around the restaurant with a bunch of dressed up white people on a Saturday night. LOL.
We were all so hungry, we couldn't even smile! ;D
My new friends: Kenny, Ali, Julia and Jessica.

Some boys in my ward:

 I probably shouldn't have, but I ordered what you HAVE to order as a newbie to Roscoe's: 
Chicken n Waffles.
Literally.

And it was delicious!

And of course, Bishop Thomas and his wife came too! Sister Thomas was one of my first young women's leaders, right before I moved to Simi Valley.

As you can tell, my social life is starting to pick up again, THANK GOODNESS! ;D

But I still miss you Utah people.

No comments: