24 March 2008

gratitude


I also wanted to just make a note that I love Easter for more reasons than just time I get to spend with family (Isn't that the greatest picture of Bryan?). I know that it is a time we spend thinking of Christ and what He has done for us--which includes not just the atonement, but His resurrection as well. But because of this, our families can be together forever. My brother got lost on Easter Sunday this year. I didn't find out until he had been found, but he was lost for quite some time, wandering alone and crying. He had lost his way in my grandmother's neighborhood walking home from church. My family went into a frenzy when he wasn't home a half hour after church ended, when it only takes 2 minutes to walk to my grandma's house. Bryan, although completely scared, (he's only 10), kept his head on and found a good Mormon family (not that they're hard to find in Springville, Utah) who was willing to help. They drove him around the neighborhood really slowly looking for my grandma's house until he saw my mom's car--also driving slowly around the neighborhood looking for Bryan. I'm grateful for my family. I'm grateful for selfless people like that family that helped Bryan, and I'm grateful for my Savior, without who there would be no point to my existence.

No comments: