07 April 2009

seize the day

New job baby!

It was an opportunity that I jumped at. Literally. I don't normally go out of my way to change my life even more than it is already changing.

However, when my boss (shout out to Sherri!) sent an email about switching to the salesfloor working in Lead Distribution (probably all terms you may not understand), I thought to myself, "Set hours, same company, old friends, new friends, more money for the summer, etc etc etc--why not?" So I "applied"--(aka, shot an email to my boss letting her know I was interested), and got it! I start in two weeks right after graduation.

I'm going to have to be trained, of course, with everything that LD does, but I'm excited. All the girls in LD sit on the floor surrounded by the salesguys. I'm going to get to know them better and I think, because I've worked in V&E (Verification & Enrollment) for so long, my V&E girls/Morris will come visit me more often which will definitely increase the office to floor relationship. At least, I hope it does. Otherwise, it says that my girlfriends/Morris from V&E don't ever walk out of their office to come visit me on the floor. =( *cough*COME VISIT ME!*cough*

So, although I'll be doing something completely different, thankfully my dear boss Sherri said that I can still work on-call for V&E whenever anybody needs me to take a shift, I can help them out. So I'm not completely abandoning the department I've been working for for 2 years.

So here's my new schedule as of Monday, 4/27:

Monday 1-7pm
Tuesday-Thursday 1-9pm
Friday 1-6pm
Saturdays (occasionally) 8-2pm

Pretty sweet huh? No more I-don't-know-when-I'm-getting-home-but-maybe-around-10pm-shifts. I am done when I'm done. Woot!

No comments: