28 April 2009

official byu alumni

It is over! I have graduated from BYU.

Thursday was the commencement where all the graduates (over 6000) walked into the Marriott Center together. On our way in, we were greeted by professors and speakers (aka, I was standing 10 feet away from Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Nelson, who waved and said hi to me). =D
The speakers were amazing, but I was super uncomfortable and sweating up a storm in the stupid, non-breathable fabric of my blue robes. The chairs weren't comfortable either. My knees were pressed up against the back of the seats in front of me until there was a very visible line across my kneecaps. I was SOOO ready to get out of the Marriott Center by the time it ended an hour and a half later.

Friday was the convocation. I walked in Sarah's convocation for the School of Humanities (although I was graduating in the David O. McKay's School of Education).

"Sarah Sher-ay-nee-an"
"and her sister, Cor-eeeen Sher-ay-nee-an"

Of course they wouldn't pronounce my name correctly. I was expecting it although it was still slightly disappointing.

Afterwards, we went back to my Grandma Ogle's house in Springville where my aunt Martha, aunt Georgia, aunt Nina and my cousin Liz had all been working tirelessly cooking for the huge party headed their way. The food was a-maze-ing. Friends showed up throughout the day to help us celebrate. It was a fun, but very long day. My last friends ended up leaving after 11pm.

But...my body decided that I since I had abused it through the last four years from extreme lack of sleep and a lot of stress, I deserved to be punished. I got a migraine that didn't let me get to sleep until after 4am. Horrible, horrible night. I slept basically all day Saturday. I didn't get up until mid-afternoon at which point I took it easy for the rest of the day. Exactly what I needed after a week of craziness (finals, moving, graduation, family visiting, etc). I remember my brother waking me up to say goodbye. And vagugely remember making the "I Love you" ASL sign instead of saying anything. haha. I hope my family got that. =D

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay!! Graduation was so fun!! Thanks for making the sacrifice to graduate with me. :-)

MeganKalynn said...

congrats!!! thats so amazing!!! =)