I definitely started the new year off with a bang---by being completely, utterly SICK. Ugh. And I'm talking about the cold kind--the gross one. No energy, runny nose, nasty hacking cough, lack of sleep, did I already say lack of energy? -- oh yeah... and a constant fuzzy brain.
So what did I do? Sleep when I could, watch TV (i'm SO sick of TV), read (when I had the energy to even hold up the dang book), and depend 100% on Nyquil (which my grandma drank the rest of--that woman says she can't sleep) and Dayquil--which doesn't help me sleep (duh!).
But regardless of my energy level, I am finishing up my grad application to CSUN. It should be complete by early next week and then it's time for the waiting game.... Again.
In other interesting news, I've read several good books lately. (Hah!)
Here are a few recommendations:
The Maze Runners (and it's sequel The Scorch Trials) by James Dashner
Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (truthfully, I've only read the first book, but if the other two are as well written and fun as the first one, then I don't feel anything wrong in endorsing all three. I'll let you know..)
No comments:
Post a Comment