08 January 2011

that time i celebrated the start of 2011

I got invited to a sweet dinner party to celebrate the new year. You have no idea how happy I was to get invited. Yes, the people were amazing. Yes, the food was fantastic. Yes, the games were fun. Yes, the dancing was hilarious. And yes, I got home late. But I was happy because it meant I also didn't have to drive an hour away to a YSA New Years Eve Dance which probably would have been super lame and wouldn't have enjoyed.


So, we celebrated the new year with green food (to represent good luck in future finances--cross your fingers for me that this worked haha), games (have you ever played the game Werewolves? awe.some), dance (whats-her-name-Will-Smith's-daughter was a big hit), and YES. We each made paper airplanes on which we wrote our regrets of 2010. We didn't have to share our regrets with anyone (although some people were a bit more forthcoming *cough*awkward*cough* than others). Not me--I wrote my regrets with an invisible ink pen which Bryan got for Christmas and I accidentally stole. heh heh. 


And what did we do with the regret airplanes of poor aerodynamics? Yes. We flew them (or attempted to fly them) into the blazing fire of a grill. There was not one person who had a superior paper airplane-making skill. We all sucked at burning our regrets in one try. ;D


PS.. I feel like I'm starting to sound like Barack Obama with all my yessing, so I'm going to show you pictures now...


"I whip my hair back and forth!" (my friend Ali)
Photobucket

the magic moment
Photobucket

getting our "regret airplanes" all ready
Photobucket

fire
Photobucket

the excessively loud noise makers we used for several minutes after midnight struck
Photobucket

girlfriends (Julia, Ali and me)
Photobucket

all in all. definitely a great way to celebrate the end of a hard year and the beginning of a new one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that sounds like a really great party. Lots of creative activities. I will have to keep some of those in mind for the future... :)