General Conference is one of my favorite weekends of the year. And I especially love it in Utah. Not everyone watches on Saturday, but even then, it's like the city is quiet. I remember that one year, I had to work early in the morning and got off work right as the Saturday morning session started. I walked home, and through all these building complexes, I never missed one second of the session because I could hear what was going on. It was like every TV was tuned into General Conference. I am so excited for tomorrow! We have a new presidency! I will always love Gordon B Hinckley and I will miss him sooo much. But I have a testimony that President Thomas S. Monson was called of God to be our prophet and leader of this church.

I'm sadly working all day tomorrow, so I will miss both sessions. But I am lucky to have a Dad who is a stake president, so I have tickets to the Sunday morning session of Conference! I am taking my good friend Annie and then there is a huge dinner/listening to Sunday afternoon session up in Aspen Grove, so I am going to that as well. I'm glad I get to listen to at least two of the sessions! It's such a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment