22 July 2010

blast to the past

Considering how much weddings have been on my mind (ie Erin's wedding in Boise, and Sarah's wedding next month), I am not surprised that I've been thinking about how many roommates I've married off. ;D Well, technically, I'm not responsible for the match-making, but still....

You ready for this?
Count them.
12
 past roommates are now married.
Holy moly.
(As opposed to the 30 some-odd friends who have gotten married in my 5 years in Provo, Utah). Yes, it's about 30. Insane, right?

Not in any particular order, these are
6 
of my roommates whom I lost to marriage bliss.
I miss them.
Can I just say now that I've had some of the most gorgeous roommates ever?
It's just not fair. ;D

Jessica Schroath (& Jonathan Tyler)
I was roommates with JSchro for 2 years at BYU. She met Jon the summer before our sophomore year, and
inevitably, they were married the following summer. I was one of the roommates who suffered through the constancy of Jon napping on our couch (hehe), although we occasionally benefited from their waffle-making and milkshakes . ;D

Melissa Chapman (& Daniel Johnson)
Daniel introduced us to Melissa our freshman year at BYU. She was a new convert and was visiting Dan for spring break. We clicked like she had always been with us, and consequently, we spent the next few months convincing her to transfer from KU to BYU. We succeeded and I was roommates with Melissa for 2 years while Dan was on his mission in LA. When he got home, he reclaimed her and they were married 3 months later. ;D

Marci LeBaron (& Will Watson)
Funnily enough, I was technically only roommates with Mac-attack for 8 months. But she was in my ward for about 2 years. She is a riot. That is all. ;D

Sandi Skinner (& Bryan Park)
I went to high school with Sandi. The summer before my junior year at BYU, I found out that Sandi was transferring from Moorpark College (CA) to BYU. I called her up and asked her to be my roommate. She said "Oh, yes please! yes!!" I take credit for this marriage, because if she hadn't moved into my apartment and my ward, she would never have met my home teacher, Bryan Park. ;D

Ashley Darm (& David Peterson)
I was roommates with Ashley for a year (my senior year at the Y). We conveniently (and coincidentally) were both ComD majors, so we enjoyed having classes together and studying hard. David was from her hometown back in CA, but he came to visit a lot--eventually proposing to Ash on one of those visits.

Erin Muir (& Christopher Russell)
Erin was my roommate for only one summer. I know, right? Sad day that was so short-lived. But we had a blast. She was going to Bon Losee and was almost ready to graduate. I had known Erin for a lot longer, because she went to high school with JSchro. She eventually moved back to Boise, where she met Chris. (Funny story here. Erin and Chris figured out that their lives have been constantly intertwined until they finally met last year. He was born in Colorado a year before Erin was born. She was born in California at which point Chris's family moved to CA only 25 miles from where Erin's family was living. Fifteen some-odd years later, Erin's family moved to Boise, ID. So did Chris's family. Chris went on his mission to Samoa. During those 2 years, Erin spent a semester abroad in New Zealand and Australia. He came home, she came home. They met, fell in love and got married). Sweet, huh?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, it was so weird to see Jonathan and I on my google reader for your blog! Haha. Oh, and I took that picture of Erin and Chris and I love it. Good recap. :)

KaRynn said...

I loved the pic of Erin and Chris too! I just messed with it to make it black and white. It was a great candid pic. I bet the photographer was elsewhere at that moment. You caught something no one else did. Awesome. ;D

Deveny said...

Umm I'm technically your roomie since I practically lived at your house; why didn't I make it on the list? Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

KaRynn said...

If you would just be patient, when I finish the post I started a few days ago, you will see you have a post dedicated only to you, silly. ;D I never got to live with you, but that doesn't discount our bff status.