23 July 2010

dev

I've done a post dedicated to my gorgeous married roommates from my past, but I have yet to mention my bff. She got married 4 years ago. Holy cow, that was a long time ago.
(See, I haven't forgotten you!!).
So for those of you who don't know:
Deveny Mortensen (my best friend growing up--yes, we survived through high school) never got to be my roommate at BYU, because she ended up going to BYUI.
(Hence, she was not included in the previous post about roommates getting married).

Yes, we gorgeous girlies, who were literally attached at the hip, were split up. This, you should realize, is heartbreaking, considering we were extensions of one another. (Finishing each other's sentences and such).
Sad day, right?

Except that
Deveny Mortensen 
met Luke at BYU Idaho.
So, is it really a sad day? Maybe not...
He was perfect for her (see picture above).
Hence, they got married June 30, 2006. Whew. That was a while ago.
We had this running joke in high school about who would get married first. It ended up turning into a bet. (Don't worry Dev, you don't really have to give me Tristan.)
 ;D Just kidding. It was only $20, not our first born children.

Point of this post: I miss Deveny too. She is enjoying marriage and baby bliss.  
And doing it far from me.
Stupid Spokane, WA.
I never get to see her.
Thank goodness for Skype.

3 comments:

Deveny said...

<3 you; let's Skype soon! How was dinner with my folks?

Deveny said...

And I love how I'm pouting my lips in all but one pic. HAHA

KaRynn said...

Haha. The pout only counts in 2 pictures since you are technically kissing Tristan in the last one. ;D

Dinner was fun! But it made me miss you even more!